What started out originally as a single message became a three part series for the past three Sundays on Matthew 6:19-24. I believe this section deals with one of the important subjects of Christian life, namely spiritual investment. People tend to separate faith and finance, but biblical Christianity teaches both as inseparable. In fact, how a believer handles the stewardship of finance and possessions communicates much about his or her spiritual condition.
Here’s my brief outline on the text.
I. Treasures of the Kingdom (vv. 19-21)
- A. Contents of treasures (v. 19)
- B. Places of treasures (vv. 19-20)
- C. Protections of treasures (vv. 19-20)
- D. Positions of treasures (v. 21)
- E. Priorities of treasures (v. 21)
II. The Vision of the Kingdom (vv. 22-23)
III. The Master of the Kingdom (v. 24)
If you want to hear the messages, you can click here.