For my doctoral project, I recently preached a special 8-week series on “The Last Sayings of Christ from the Cross” at Sovereign Grace. Although there are many biblical, theological, and even practical implications, my primary goal was to point out what each statement reveals about Jesus. After all, he is the central figure in the redemptive history and what he accomplished is the basis for our justification.
- Jesus, the Petitioner (Luke 23:34)
- Jesus, the Promise-Keeper (Luke 23:43)
- Jesus, the Provider (John 19:26-27)
- Jesus, the Propitiator (Matthew 27:46)
- Jesus, the Person (John 19:28)
- Jesus, the Prevailer (John 19:30)
- Jesus, the Pathway (Luke 23:46)
- Summation of Sayings of the Savior from the Cross (Selected Scripture)
If you’re interested, you can hear any or all the messages here.